Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Earl Pickens and The Black Mountain Marauders @ Rodeo Bar, NYC (6/15/02)

Joe Horseman should like this post. Drummers usually get the shaft when it comes to videos because they're hidden in the back of the stage behind drums and cymbals. This time I set up a 2nd camera on a tripod facing Horseman. Downside… every time he hits his drum hard it shakes the camera causing it to blur. Take what you can get Horseman.

This night was also the Earl Pickens and The Black Mountain Marauders Live At The Houston Astrodome CD Release Party! So, of course, Jelvis was in the house. The boys also asked me to design a flyer for the show. I couldn't pick my favorite, so I gave them three.



"Jelvis Jam" & "Tell Your Mama Not To Worry"


"I'm On Fire"


"Midnight, High Noon" (with special guest Jelvis on guitar)


"Mucho Grande"


2nd set : Jelvis' Haiku & "She Just Wants To Be Wanted"


"If That's My Wife"


Here's the soundboard mix…

[DOWNLOAD] Earl Pickens and The Black Mountain Marauders @ Rodeo Bar, NYC (6/15/02)
Set 1:
01- Tell Your Mama Not To Worry
02- New York Woman
03- I'm On Fire
04- Folsom Prison / It Takes A Man
05- Midnight, High Noon
06- Burning Love
07- Happy Birthday
08- She Kicked Me Out
09- If I Could Sing Like That
10- Mucho Grande / (They Were Just) The Opening Band
11- Wondering Where You Are
12- Up To No Good
Set 2:
13- Jelvis' Haiku
14- All Shook Up / Say It In...
15- Wants To Be Wanted By You
16- I Hate Myself / I'd Be A Fool
17- If That's My Wife
18- It's Only Your Heart
19- Moon, You Know Why
20- Lonesome Whislte

Earl Pickens - vocals, guitar
Merle Twang - lead guitar
Reverend Jedidiah P. Houston - acoustic guitar, backup vocals
Tink Travers - Harmonica, Pedal Steel, backup vocals
Chief Dave Strongbow - bass
Joe Horseman - drums
with special guest
Jelvis

No comments: