Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eggplant Queens @ Continental • Halloween (10/31/03)


The Bellmore documentary was done but I'd still take my camera to shows – old habits die hard. On Halloween of 2003 the Eggplant Queens were playing with Murphy's Law and Loved & Hated (but I only shot EQ). Jim Muscarella also shot Eggplant Queens' set but I don't have his tape to edit to.

The drama of the night was that Mike Walch (Sunnyside) was a no show. No one knew where he was. Eggplant Queens played 6 songs before Mike took the stage. I never got the reason for his tardiness.

But the real star of the night was this punk rock chick. She really craved attention. She flipped everyone off, spit, simulated jerking off, simulated anal probing (on Muscarella) and even showed her boob to Christine Stamberg. Yes, it's all there in the first song.

"New Song"


Mike shows up…

"One Way Street"

No comments: