Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Arlene's Grocery Picture Show: A Film Festival (4/24/04)


The second film festival Bellmore: The Unscene was accepted to was The Arlene's Grocery Picture Show Film Festival. Decent turnout. We wound up winning "BEST ROCKUMENTARY".

Here's some photos of the day…






A few weeks later, Arlene's Grocery hosted an awards ceremony – which we were invited to. They had  a few guest presenters handing out the awards. Among them were Albert Maysles (documentarian, best known for The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter), Michael Musto (writer/personality for The Village Voice), Tina Louise (Ginger from Gilligan's Island), and Wallace Shawn (The Princess Bride, Manhattan, My Dinner with Andre).

Ron Palillo (Welcome Back, Kotter) was also billed as a presenter. In the photo of Jim and I accepting our award below, you'll notice I'm holding a large tube. Inside was my Sweathogs poster. When I heard Ron Palillo was going to be a presenter, I thought it would be a great opportunity for him to sign it. But he was a no show. I showed the crowd my tube and told them of my intentions and my disappointment. This led to a "Fuck Horshack!" chant from a few vocal audience members.

Wallace Shawn

Michael Musto
Albert Maysles
Tina Louise







No comments: