Thursday, July 23, 2009

Situated Chaos (1989)

Situated Chaos is not per se a Bellmore band but Bellmore bassist Dave Deluca did spend some time in the band and contributed music for two songs that made it on their 1989 Demo. So that alone constitutes a post. Another connection to Bellmore is Situated Chaos drummer Andy Glasser (a.k.a. Andy Flav). He went on to play with Not Saved – which I'll get to at a later date.

Here's what Dave had to say about his time with Situated Chaos...

"I forget how long I was in SC for (so long ago). I wrote the music for those 2 songs but none of the words. The bass player who replaced me suddenly quit and I got to do the Bad Brains show with them."


And here's the two tracks Dave wrote...

[DOWNLOAD] Situated Chaos - S.C! Demo 89
1- Whitehouse Rock
2- True To Yourself

Vinnie Segerra - vocals
Lenny Lampel - guitar
Bob Johnsen - guitar
Andy Glasser - drums
Dave Deluca - bass (Dave didn't play on this demo – not sure who did?)


Someone posted these photos of Situated Chaos on Facebook, so I highjacked them...


And here's a few from Andy Glasser's Facebook page...

4 comments:

andy glasser said...

hey Frank...this blog rules. thanks for adding Bob's name to the situated chaos page. Bob Johnsen is the glue that held this band together. And Deluca was the best bassist we had...and we had many...

Walsh said...

Andy, it's Walsh "the dove warlord" from F'dale played bass with Situated Chaos after your original dude went to Warzone (I think?) . We played for a while together, did some cool shows, NYU radio station, ton-of-fuckin-fun. I stuck around with them after you left and then hooked up with you for plenty of good jam outs and mayhem. I'm pretty sure that's my elbow in the bottom picture of this post. MIddletown maybe? Writing to say wotup and because I also agree, Bob J was the glue and loved Lenny, probably one of the coolest dudes on LI ever, the Vinman with his record label plugs and corny jokes between songs, miss hanging with him. Dug, Stefan. BTW -- you were an absolutely fantastic drummer with an awesome range, it's totally cool if you dont recall me, but I remember locking in and getting some good tight rumble going with you. Good times and Peace.

Anonymous said...

holy shit...eric beanstalk...bro find me on facebook...andrew glasser...we gotta talk

Anonymous said...

Maximum rock&roll reviewed SC "Weird and Whiny vocals" Was the verdict...