Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rat Bastard - Last Tango at Ground Zero (10/20/00)

By October of 2000 the guys from Rat Bastard felt the band had run it's course and decided to go out with a bang...which they did...literally. Below is a scene from Bellmore: The Unscene describing the show and what went down. In the segment: Daveman, Ron Bianco, Dave S, Joe Kollar, Big Roy, and Mike Stamberg share their thoughts on the night...



Not Saved also performed but I don't have any footage of them. I also don't have any of Scott Jacobs' footage from the night. Mike Stamberg's dad shot the footage I have and you can see Scott running around with his video camera, so I know he shot it. At the end of the night Scott walks up to Stamberg's camera and says "we should mix these tapes together". Sounds like a great idea but all throughout the editing of Bellmore I kept hounding Scott for the tape but he couldn't find it. Oh well...

"Other Side"


A big bag of garbage is introduced during the next song...

"Rancho Relaxo"


"Little Pieces"


Before the next song, Deluca grabs the mic and tells everyone about his new band – Earl Pickens and The Black Mountain Marauders. Then during the song, Jimbo decks Daveman and Dave S has a snack...

"Restaurant Song"


Before "Kill, Kill, Kill", Daveman gets beamed in the head by a bottle. He then taunts the crowd about not throwing it hard enough, only to get clocked in the face with a shattering shot glass...

"Kill, Kill, Kill"


Before this song, Jimbo announces he left the Juke Joint unmanned...Ron tackles him. Then it's the famous fire extinguisher incident causing everyone to evacuate the building (lots of outdoor footage). What a way to end a show and a legacy...

"Hand Job"


After the show, Dave S asked me for a ride to wherever he was going next and I turned him down...and he's never let me live it down. But in my defense, I had just bought my new 2000 VW Golf – basically just rolled it off the lot...complete with new car smell. And for the previous hour and a half Dave had been rolling around in beer and filth and eating trash. I stand by my decision Dave!

Here's a bunch of photos from the night...


RAT BASTARD
Dave Jemmott - vocals
Joe Kollar - guitar
Dave Deluca - bass
Mike Stamberg - drums

No comments: