Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Muff Diver (1990)

During our freshman year of college a few of us took a stab at another band. It was Jim Burns on vocals, Joe Kollar on bass, Eric Hoffman on drums, and myself on guitar. We called ourselves Muff Diver, which was a nod to Cheech and Chong.

We had three original songs...one Joe wrote...one Jim wrote...and one I wrote. Our sound was a mix of bands we were listening to at the time (ie: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cream, Butthole Surfers). We jammed for a little while and planned to bring Kevin Purcell in on bass so Joe and I could trade off lead guitar duties. I think Kev came down to practice once but the bass line in Joe's song was too intricate for him – at least back then – so the band just fizzled out.

Here's Muff Diver's three original songs plus some covers we recorded in my basement...

[DOWNLOAD] Muff Diver (1990)
1- Untitled
2- Wavy Gravy
3- Falling
4- Sunshine Of Your Love
5- Communication Breakdown
6- Whole Lotta Love

Muff Diver
Jim Burns - vocals
Frank Fusco - guitar
Joe Kollar - bass
Eric Hoffman - drums

1 comment:

Sir Foggy Mirrir said...

The words I wrote suck but tI still dig the music on "untitled." I should suggest it to Lamont Zobbo fopr a cover.