Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Barking Spiders - Fresh For The Kill (2012)

Yeah, I know I've been going in chronological order when it comes to documenting Bellmore's "unsecene", but it's my blog so I'll break the rules if I want. And I want! I'm just too stoked to sit on this one.

Steve Johnson - My Low Studio
Every once in a while I'd listen to the old Barking Spiders tape and I was always disappointed. The songs are good, don't get me wrong, it's the production that sucks. But what's to be expected from hitting record on a boombox on the floor of a basement? Back in '88 we were kids with no cash so going to a professional studio wasn't even a thought. But these days it's so easy to record, especially when Steve Johnson is a close personal friend.

So I put some feelers out, by way of email, to see if the other guys were into recording our songs proper. Fortunately they were. We'd lost contact with John Hoffman (Barking Spiders drummer) through the years so we asked Eric Hoffman to join us. Eric was actually the drummer for Face Value – the original incarnation of Barking Spiders – so it made perfect sense.

We decided to record nine of our original songs from way back when, plus a new one for the occasion. Jim already had a song just waiting to be realized – "Fresh From The Kill" – so he sent us a bass line. Through a series of emails we each wrote and refined our parts and played them together for the first time as a band at the recording session, at My Low Studio (formerly Marv Studio).

We're all very pleased with what we captured that day. '80s hardcore at it's fiercest…in 2012!

[DOWNLOAD] Barking Spiders - Fresh For The Kill (2012)
01- Fresh From The Kill
02- Watch Out!
03- Spin
04- One World
05- You Can't Say
06- All Talk, No Action
07- Power Struggle
08- Peace through Chaos
09- Presidents & Kings
10- Separate Ways


"Like" Barking Spiders on Facebook (here).



BARKING SPIDERS:
Jim Burns - voice
Frank Fusco - guitar
Kevin Purcell - bass
Eric Hoffman - drums

No comments: