Monday, May 10, 2010

IS IT A SCENE? Part 1


During the interview sessions, when I'd ask people about the Bellmore scene I kept getting a common answer. Actually, the answer came in the form of a question... "Is it a scene?"

When I set out to make the documentary I never questioned this myself. I just assumed that a large group of people making music from a common area constituted a scene. So I was surprised so many people did question it. We didn't really know what the story was going to be when we started these interviews – whether or not there was a Bellmore scene became a main storyline. That's what led me to scribble "The Unscene" on a cocktail napkin at the Juke Joint.

In the above clip from Bellmore: The Unscene, Jim Collette, Jim Burns and Joe Kollar share their thoughts on Bellmore and whether there is or isn't a scene.

No comments: